The Story of Emmie-Rose

This is the story of a little girl that came into this world way ahead of schedule. Now fighting day by day until she can be home with her family. This is Emmie's story. From 23 weeks old on...

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sep 4th - A quiet evening

Its 2:11am

I filled the NICU's digital camera and I'm camped out in the nurses office bloggin and printing pics on their HP Photosmart printer. The nursing staff is being great and helping us out with whatever we need tonight. I asked nice and here I am.
I zipped up the pics in a few zip files and emailed them home.

Stephanie has fallen asleep with Emmie-Rose in her arms in the room.
Emmie-Rose loves being held. She knows mommy has her and all her levels stay right were they need to be.

Its quite up here with all the parents gone. Its just us and the staff.
I had a nice talk with one of the nurses who talked about her 1st and only grand baby.
I guess you can all it a peaceful night.

Sweet Dreams Emmie-Rose, Sweet Dreams Ava.
I'm outta here and off to bed. I'm sure tomorrow will have a lot more in store for both of us.

5 Comments:

  • At 9/05/2006 08:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris, Stephanie and family,

    please know that Aunt Lois and I are thinking of you daily and praying for the strength you both need. If we can be of any help please do not hesitate to contact me. Your Great Aunt Lois and Cousin Sally Jo

     
  • At 9/05/2006 08:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of you and praying for your family. God Bless You!
    Pam (also an online friend of Kris :)

     
  • At 9/05/2006 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart is aching for you and your precious family. I am so incredibly sorry. She is so precious and God has a Perfect plan for her little life. Please know we are here and are praying harder then ever for you. Love you so much, Leah

     
  • At 9/06/2006 02:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    9-6-06 Thinking of you guys constantly. A LOT of people are praying for you all. Love you.

     
  • At 9/06/2006 07:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris and Steph, I am sorry sorry to hear the latest heartbreaking news. I am sure you both are numb and feel so helpless.

    It was a gift that you were given the time to hold and love Emmie-Rose.

    Kelly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home