The Story of Emmie-Rose

This is the story of a little girl that came into this world way ahead of schedule. Now fighting day by day until she can be home with her family. This is Emmie's story. From 23 weeks old on...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Aug 31st - Thursday Morning Blog

Blog Night.
This is the first night in a while I have found the time to blog.
Things are pretty busy at home. I have finished the first module for my certification updates and now trying to make time to study for my firstcert test.
Z girl is getting ready to start 1st grade. She had a welcome back to school event Tuesday night that the whole family went to. Lots of fun with food and things for the kids to do.

Tuesday night the nurse was getting ready to work with Emmie-Rose. The nurse was looking right at her. Emmie-Rose reached up, grabbed her breathing tube and turned her head to the side at the same time, thus making her breathing tube pop out. Look what I can do! Weeeeeeeeeeee!

The nurses tried to see if she would breathe on her own for a bit but she was not interested. She just smiled at the nurses looking around all wide eyed and cute.
Mommy and Daddy had a talk with her Wednesday.

Emmie-Rose’s roommate Ava was born at 25 weeks.These two girls are ruling the NICU now. You would think they were separated at birth somehow. For the longest time they were across the room from one another and drove the nurses ragged running back and fourth between them (Too funny)

The nurses tried to outsmart the Desat Divas and put their beds right next to one another so they would not have run back and fourth across the room. HA!

The plan now is: while one of them is being attended to, the other will set off her alarms.They put on some show. Stephanie and Jen sit there and laugh as the girls make the nurses run back and fourth after they set off their oxygen saturation monitors. (What goes around comes around nurses?) When the Divas have something on their mind, they let the nurses know!
Tooo Funny.


The hospital has a scrapbook day where parents of NICU babies can come and get a free creative memories book and arrange their pictures with all the stickers, cutting and cropping tools, etc. It’s been pretty cool and Stephanie has been getting into it.

I am looking forward to the holiday weekend.
I have a ton of new pics I will be posting soon.
I promise… cross my heart even!
I’m going to do a post day with nothing but pics.

Keep Emmie-Rose and all the sick children in your prayers.

Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 9/18/2006 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Chris, hope you can update soon if you find the time! I'm a new visitor here, we live in Toronto, Canada. My daughter was born at 29 weeks, measuring 27 weeks.. I know not as early as yours. I'll keep your family and your beautiful little daughter in my thoughts. I always believed that the best things came in the smallest packages, I was proven right many many times. Stay strong!

    Irina
    www.TorontoMums.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home