The Story of Emmie-Rose

This is the story of a little girl that came into this world way ahead of schedule. Now fighting day by day until she can be home with her family. This is Emmie's story. From 23 weeks old on...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sep 2 - 8:00am The Wait

The doctors did their rounds at 7:00am. Checked her belly and pretty much have said the same things we already knew. They are scheduling surgery for her at some point today to have them take a look and see what is really going on.

She has been like a pin cousion all night. They have been trying to do CBC's and blood gasses to watch her vitals all night. She seems like she does not have much blood to give them. The doctors woun't give her a transfusion at this point for frear of causing other complications.

Z, M, and B played with friends then went to stay over nana & papa's house last night.
Steph and I are camped out in a nesting room and have been checking on things all thru the night. We watched Ava and Emmie-Rose have their nightly chat by beeping at one another and then they both settled down and went back to sleep. Too cute...

Will pass along more as this day unfolds...

Love Chris & Stephanie

2 Comments:

  • At 9/02/2006 08:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts are with all of you, especially Emmie-Rose to be strong. I'm praying the problem can be fixed in surgery, and for the whole family.

    Hang in there Emmie-Rose!

     
  • At 9/13/2006 01:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    My name is Mary. My daughter was 15 weeks early. She came at 25 weeks and was very sick. I was lucky because I went to the University of Washington in Seattle. I think their NICU saved my girl in more ways than I could ever put into words. I don't know everything in your case, but my heart goes out to you and Emmie-Rose. My daughters name is Emma and I call her Emmie. I want you to know I will reach everyone I know from the NICU to see if there is anyone to help you. I know Children's Hospital in Seattle is also a WONDERFUL place. If you would like to reach me to talk or so I can get you names my email is kb8214@aol.com. Your family and sweet baby girl are in my family's prayers. Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home