The Story of Emmie-Rose

This is the story of a little girl that came into this world way ahead of schedule. Now fighting day by day until she can be home with her family. This is Emmie's story. From 23 weeks old on...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sep 24 - Baby Girl



Life is filled with hello's and goodbye's.
The hello’s are so much easier than the goodbye’s.

For 66 days I’ve picked up the telephone and
called the nurses to see how you are before
I fell asleep at night. Even though I know
you are in better hands now, I still feel
myself reaching for the phone to call...
to see how you are doing...

Lord I’m just checking in on my baby.
Read to her.
Give her hugs and kisses.
Make sure she is tucked into bed.
Keep her safe and warm.

Baby girl, Daddy misses you so very much.
Sweet dreams little princess...

5 Comments:

  • At 9/24/2006 02:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you have any idea how many people miss that little girl even though they've never met her? Do you have any idea how many people are looking forward to meeting her when they go to heaven? She's one of heaven's celebrities. "The Tinest Hero" :-) I was astounded when someone brought to my attention the other night, how many people felt they knew her personally. It must be many thousands. People who have followed her blog for 66 days...even those who have followed for a few weeks miss her. I miss her too. You know I have many health challenges. Even moreso lately. From now on when I have a challenge and feel like giving up, I'm going to think "What would Emmie-Rose do?" "She would FIGHT! That's what she would do!"

    Love you guys
    ~Kris

     
  • At 9/24/2006 02:54:00 AM, Blogger Munkeesmama said…

    Many many more prayers. IF you like and when you're ready there is a pregnancy and infant loss board on delphi forums called mommies of angels. The support network there is amazing. Hugs. I definitely felt like I knew her even though we never met and I'm across the country. *hugs* The 2 pictures you posted today are beautiful. She looks so peaceful without all the wires and the ventilater in her mommy and daddy's arms.

     
  • At 9/24/2006 05:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry, following Emmie-Rose's story has made me feel like a part of your family. You are amazing parents your little angel is beautiful
    God Bless

     
  • At 9/24/2006 09:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a treasure picture of you all. It completely speaks for itself. Seeing her free from all the constraints seemed so peaceful. Yet it brought so much sadness. In her short time on earth she was extremely loved by many.

     
  • At 9/24/2006 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's one of the sweetest things I've ever read. My heart continually breaks for you all. To lose such a sweet little angel. I told my husband about it, and saw tears in HIS eyes.
    That little girl has touched so many people, everywhere. I never met her or held her, and I'm not even related, but the part of me that's a mother loved her. *tears*
    -Maijken

     

Post a Comment

<< Home